9 Possible Reasons Why Your Ex is Still Reaching Out to You
Below Are 5 Possible Reasons Why Your EX is Still Reaching Out to You
1. He / She Does Not Know How to Move on: For some people, moving on is not an easy concept to grasp. They try hard to pretend as if the break up did not happen.
You will need to be firm to let this type of EX know that you meant it when you said you were no longer interested in the relationship with him or her.
2. You Found Someone Else: At other times, EX texts you when they hear or see on your social media page that you have someone else. Depending on how the relationship ended, they could do this to either congratulate you.
3. Spite You: Yes. Some EX are actually petty like that . He or she could call, text, or drop a message on your social media timeline to say something silly about your new partner’s looks or something just as annoying.
4. Looking For a Second Chance: At other times, an EX could just be texting you to get back. Texts may come from him or her if he or she realizes that they could have done better when they had you, and now desire another opportunity to make things right and treat you nice.
5. Lonely: He or she could just be feeling lonely and miserable. Loneliness is also reason why Your EX is Still Reaching Out to You.
6. A Part Of Them Misses You: Even though your EX broke up with you, the reaching out is an indication there is a part of them that misses you - even if they don’t say that in their message or call. What it doesn’t necessarily mean, is that they want to get back together.
7. They Need To Fulfill A Need: When you do the breaking up with someone, it doesn’t always mean that you’re able to move on any quicker or miss that person any less. The same things can trigger you. A random reminder of the relationship, being alone and feeling uncomfortable with that because it’s unfamiliar, a movie or a song. Your EX will have felt that connection too, and not having you around will be something they miss. So reaching out (although it probably isn’t the best thing for you and in many ways, can be quite selfish on their part) is a way of fulfilling that need for a bit of contact. What they say when they reach out might be as simple as a "hey, how are you?" or they might have a more practical reason that in your eyes, is actually quite unnecessary. The most likely answer is that they’re looking for an excuse just to have some sort of contact with you.
8.They're Wobbling Emotionally: Again, it’s really important to not get your hopes up especially if you are still not over your EX. The breakup still happened, regardless of who did the breaking up. Something wasn’t quite right. It doesn’t mean your EX is having second thoughts unless they clearly say that to you. It’s really just more of a sign that they’re experiencing an emotional wobble around the whole breakup in a moment of vulnerability.
9.What To Do: What is also important to remember, is to keep your boundaries intact. You get to decide whether you respond to your EX or not . If you’ve worked hard on creating that detachment, it’s completely your right to maintain that and do what is best for your own healing. No reply gives as much information as a reply so don’t feel obliged. Your EX will understand and will know that contacting you at least right now, isn’t a good idea.
If you do respond, you just need to think about whether that will help or hinder your own emotional healing too. Opening up that channel of communication can allow old emotional wounds that you’ve worked hard to heal resurface. So you need to be sure what you want the gain out of that interaction, knowing that your EX could still respond in a way that you’re unable to predict.
Don’t be afraid to take some time if you need to. Now is the time to put your heart and self healing first.
True or False?
You can add yours on the comment section below. . .
Don't forget to share this post using the share buttons below. . . Mobile users; you can share on whatsapp using the whatsapp share icon above.